SPRING BALL 2017
Galileo’s 2017 Spring Ball season is currently in session. With major offensive weapons returning from a high scoring 2016 season, the Lions are ready to light up the scoreboard at the spring game. Returning QB, Adrian Poot will be a force with his ability to spread the ball around. The 2016 AAA Running Back of the Year, Yarvell Smith will look to show the world what he can do as a sophomore next season but until then he is going to be a huge problem for Galileo’s defense in the spring game. Smith, a more than capable linebacker, will also get on the other side of the ball more this upcoming season. Other key offensive weapons to lookout for are sure-handed wideouts Jackie Guo and Erasmo Rivas. The biggest unknown for Galileo will be how it’s offensive line will respond from losing three seniors: it’s line is hinging on three rookie big boys; Thomas Santos, Eric Larreynaga, and Max Miles. Defensively, with the departure of all-city players; Connor Chavela (MLB), Demaje Ardis (OLB), and Miles Mainini (DE), the Lions will feature upcoming juniors, Ronald Fox (FS), Antonio McBride (MLB), and Johan Lacayo (DE/LB).
SPRING BALL INFO
- Week 1 & 2: all currently eligible players can attend
- Week 3: all ineligible players can begin practice after submitting a GLF progress report. This is also the last week new players can join the spring season.
- Week 4: rosters will be announced at the end of the week
- Week 5: a purple vs orange scrimmage will be held Friday
- Week 6: “Purple vs Orange” Spring Game (non-padded)
- “Purple vs Orange” Galileo’s Spring Game is set for Tuesday, May 23rd @ 2pm. For the first time, there will be purple and orange uni’s instead of purple and white.
- Rosters will be announced at the end of week 4
QUESTIONS FOR THE 2017 SEASON
- Will Galileo’s defense be a run-stopper?
- Can the offense get to another level and average 30+ points per game?
- What will the players commitment level be like for their academics?
- Will everyone be eligible at the end of summer school?
- Will the varsity locker room ever get a face-lift?
- How many guys will bench over 200 lbs by August? Because all the coaches can do that already.
- How many BBQ’s will they have this 2017 season? They already had 2.
- Will Coach Mark get a hair cut sometime soon?
- Where does Coach Carton get all these weird workout routines?
- Is Coach Black really fluent in Spanish?